You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Attentive.
**This integration is specifically built to be used with our Reclaim product for sending abandoned cart emails. It does not work for our Resolve product**
- This integration, in conjunction with our Add to Cart events, will pass a custom Add to Cart event tied to an email address to Attentive.
- If that person has an opted in email address and phone number, they will receive an abandoned cart SMS.
- You must set up an automated flow in Attentive in order to trigger the SMS messages (copy your existing abandoned cart flow).
- You must have our Add to Cart script implemented.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Attentive icon.
2. Enter your Attentive API Key.
To create an API Key in Attentive you will need to Create a custom app.
- Navigate to the integrations setup page (under Setup > Marketplace).
- Click + Create App in the top-right corner.
- Enter a unique name for your app in the App name field.
- Enter your email address in the Contact email field.
This allows Attentive to contact you if there are any issues.
- Edit the permissions to Ecommerce: Write.
Click Create and copy your API key – make sure you save it somewhere!
3. Click Connect.
4. Enable the integration.
The below steps can be set up by Attentive’s whiteglove team. We will contact them on your behalf to request that they set this up for you.
- Copy your existing abandoned cart flow. We suggest naming it “Reclaim Abandoned Cart.”
- In the copy, create a branch.
- Split those who have made a purchase at least once since the journey started and send them down a path that does nothing.
- For the other path, create another Branch to exclude those who have received a text at least once in the last 24 hours where journey = your original abandoned cart flow with a 30 minute delay:
- The rest should receive the abandoned cart text. Your flow will look something like this:
- Please note at this time that we do not have any visibility into performance within Attentive; we are happy to assist you with monitoring results if you’d like to give your Retention.com rep access to your account.