**This integration is specifically built to be used with our Reclaim product. It does not work for our Grow product.**
To use this feature, you must have the most recent version of our script on your website. You can find your script in your account under Code Script > View Script. Click here for a link to all of our tutorials on how to add the script to your site, in case you need a refresher.
You must also put the Viewed Product script to your site, set up the Postscript integration, and create an automated Viewed Product flow in Postscript (steps for all of these tasks are below). For steps on how to use our Add to Cart script with Postscript, click here.
NOTE: We must enable this feature for you. If you’ve not already spoken with someone on our team, please ensure you request that we enable this for you.
Note: If you're using our custom Shopify Integration app, the Viewed Product script will automatically be installed.
Inside of your site builder, add our Viewed Product script to fire when someone views a product:
<script>geq.event('Viewed Product Reclaim', item);</script>
If you do not have an existing Viewed Product tracking script, add this to your theme:
1. You will need your API Key. In Postscript, go to the Settings and click API. Click Create Security Key Pair.
2. Click Yes to create the key pair.
3. Copy the Public Key (blurred in the image below).
4. From your Retention.com account, go to Integrations > Available Integrations, and choose Postscript.
5. Paste your API Key, and click Updated Credentials.
6. You will see the Integration Settings where you can Disable/Enable and Remove the integration. You can also view or change the API Details.
1. Request a Test Event from your client success manager.
2. Go to Messaging > Automations > Create Automation > Create Automation Flow.
3. Choose Use an automation template, and click Continue.
4. Select the Browse Abandonment - Subscriber Viewed Product template, and click Create flow.
5. Next, you will configure the flow for your Viewed Product events. Remember: This will only work after an event has been sent.
Add a subscriber when > Retention.com - Viewed_Product_Reclaim
Include a subscriber only if > does not include > [Existing browse abandonment automation flow]
Limit subscriber entry > Subscribers can enter the flow once in the last > 7-14 days (We recommend 7-14 days, but it should match your original browse abandonment flow)
6. Click the Send message. Then, click Merge Tags. Below are example Trigger Event Properties from our test event. You will need to modify the node to add the Trigger Event Properties that you're passing through with our event.
Note: If you're using our custom Shopify integration app, the below merge tags will be the Trigger Event Properties.
7. Click Save Changes and then Schedule or Activate.
8. Click to Activate Automation Now.
From your Postscript dashboard, go to Analytics > Messages to view the flow send data.
Additionally, you can see these events successfully passing through in your Retention.com account when you see the Viewed Product Reclaim option populate under Event Details. This is an easy way to confirm that our events have been successfully implemented.
Have questions? Message us on chat or email us at support[at]retention.com!