**This integration is specifically built to be used with our Reclaim product. It does not work for our Grow product.**
To use this feature, you must have the most recent version of our script on your website. You can find your script in your account under Code Script > View Script. Click here for a link to all of our tutorials on how to add the script to your site, in case you need a refresher.
You must also put the Add to Cart script to your site, set up the Postscript integration, and create an automated Add to Cart flow in Postscript (steps for all below).
NOTE: We must enable this feature for you. If you’ve not already spoken with someone on our team, please ensure you request that we enable this for you.
Note: If you're using our custom Shopify Integration app, the Add to Cart script will automatically be installed.
Inside of your site builder, add our Add to Cart script to fire when someone clicks to add an item to their cart:
Next, edit the snippet.
Generic code for buttons defined by a button ID:
Generic code for button defined by a class notation:
1. You will need your API Key. In Postscript, go to the Settings and click API. Click Create Security Key Pair.
2. Click Yes to create the key pair.
3. Click to Show the Private Key, and then copy it.
4. From your Retention.com account, go to Integrations > Available Integrations, and choose Postscript.
5. Paste your API Key, and click Update Credentials.
6. Click Enable and then Finish. Once you enable the integration, your collection sync settings will apply and begin.
7. You will see the Integration Settings where you can Disable/Enable and Remove the integration. You can also view or change the API Details.
1. Request a Test Event from your client success manager.
2. Create your automation! You can either:
a. Clone an existing Browse Abandonment Product Added to Cart Flow (just make sure you give it a new, unique name like "Retention.com Reclaim Add to Cart" OR
b. Use a template by going to Messaging > Automations > Create Automation > Create Automation Flow.
3. Choose Use an automation template, and click Continue.
4. Select the Browse Abandonment - Product Added to Cart template, and click Create flow.
5. Next, you will configure the flow for your Add to Cart events. Remember: This will only work after an event has been sent.
Add a subscriber when > Retention.com - Add_To_Cart_Reclaim
Include a subscriber only if > does not include > [Existing abandoned cart automation flow]
Limit subscriber entry > Subscribers can enter the flow once in the last > 7-14 days (We recommend 7-14 days, but it should match your original abandoned cart flow)
Remove a subscriber when > Order Created
6. Click the Send message. Then, click Merge Tags. Below are example Trigger Event Properties from our test event. You will need to modify the node to add the Trigger Event Properties that you're passing through with our event.
Note: If you're using our custom Shopify integration app, the below merge tags will be the Trigger Event Properties.
7. Click Save Changes and then Schedule or Activate.
8. Click to Activate Automation Now.
From your Postscript dashboard, go to Analytics > Messages to view the flow send data.
The Add to Cart events will not be visible in Postscript, but you can see these events successfully passing through in your Retention.com account when you see the Added to Cart option populate under Event Details. This is an easy way to confirm that our events have been successfully implemented.
Have questions? Message us on chat or email us at support[at]retention.com!