You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Pardot.
An integration between Retention.com and Pardot does three things:
We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts in Pardot with before finalizing the integration.
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Pardot V3 icon.
2. Click Connect.
3. Read the access permissions, and click Allow. (If you're not already logged into your Pardot account, you will need to do that first.)
4. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, the option to set/change the list it's synced to, and Mapping JSON. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose either YES or NO to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one-time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Pardot into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Pardot contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences after they've been set up, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts.Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you're done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Setting up Contact Sync allows you to choose the list your collected contacts will be sent to so you can send them an automated email in real-time.
1. To turn on Contact Sync, click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts. Then, choose a list from the dropdown menu. Click Save, or choose your custom sync options here.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you've put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
1. To change the list you’ve already synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven't already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
We automatically include the default JSON mapping for Retention.com contacts for the fields that Pardot allows.
Please note that this does not, by default, include all the fields we provide with our contact records (see below for a full list of fields that we include with all contact records).
You will have to add custom fields in Salesforce for any/all fields we cannot include by default to sync all fields (such as domain, landing page URL, etc).
Here are the fields we include automatically for Retention.com contacts that are synced to SalesForce:
Those fields are included by default in the JSON field as seen here:
This JSON section can be used to add, modify, or delete one or more fields for your contacts.
If you add a new field to our JSON, you must first create the field in SalesForce. If the field does not exist in SalesForce and you add it here, the sync process will fail if and when we try to create the contact in SalesForce.
Here is a list of all the field names that are included with all Retention.com contact records. Fields with an asterisk are not included by default and you will have to add them manually both in Salesforce and in this JSON mapping in order to sync them from Retention.com to Salesforce:
In addition, these dynamic fields can be included:
You can also manually add static fields to the mapping if you want all contacts to include a specific value.
For example, if you had a field called “Editorial_Daily_Opted_In” you could add the static value “yes”. That would look like this:
RECOMMENDATION: If you do not understand JSON mapping, do not edit the default settings.
Once everything is setup, click Finish Now at the bottom of Integration Settings and make sure your integration is Enabled at the top. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.