You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Omnisend.
An integration between Retention.com and Omnisend does three things:
1. Your Omnisend API Key. In your Omnisend account, click your account name in the top right corner. Then, click Store settings.
2. Click API keys.
3. Click Create API Key.
4. Name your API Key Retention.com. Then, click Save.
5. Copy the API key.
1. To create the Tag you’d like to sync your contacts with in Omnisend, go to Audience > Segments > Create Segment > Tag.
2. Click the box after Tag > Is and type Retention.com. Then, click Apply this value.
3. Click off of the box (anywhere on the screen). Then, click Save & show contacts. Type Retention.com as the segment name, and click Save.
Next, create a welcome flow that the contacts we collect and sync with will enter.
1. Go to Automation, and click Edit next to your existing Welcome Flow. Then, choose Copy.
2. Change the workflow name to Retention Welcome Flow, and click Duplicate.
3. Select the Retention Welcome Flow to edit it from the Automation list. From inside the flow, change the Trigger to Contact enters a segment. Then, set these Trigger filters, and click Save:
Segment > is > Retention.com
4. Set these Audience Filters, and click Save:
Segment > is > Retention.com
5. Set these Exit conditions, and click Update:
Condition 1 Placed order
Condition 2 Order fulfilled
Here's what that will look like:
6. Select (or create) the welcome email you've crafted for Retention contacts. When you're finished with the flow, click Save & Close or Start Workflow.
1. In Retention.com, click Integrations from the left navigation panel in your account. Click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Omnisend icon, and click Add Now.
2. Enter your Omnisend API Key and then click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose YES to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Omnisend into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Omnisend contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
You will also need your Recent contacts Segment ID:
1. From your Omnisend dashboard, click Audience. Then, click Create segment > Date added under All Contacts.
2. Select Is in the last, type in 2 in the text field, and choose Days. Then, click Save & show contacts.
3. Name your segment Retention.com Recently Added Contacts, and click Save segment.
5. Copy your segment ID. You will find it in your browser URL as seen here.
6. Paste the text you copied from the Omnisend URL into the Segment ID text box. Click Next.
4. Click Yes to enable contact sync. Next, choose the Retention.com Tag you created to sync them to. Type the Tag that exactly matches the Tag you've created in Omnisend. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you've put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and yourwebsitehere.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or yourwebsitehere.com. This field will auto-populate.
*State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: We can't always get referrer URL for a contact, but when we do it would be from sources like Google, Facebook, etc.
*Does not apply to all plans
When you're finished, click Next.
5. Enable the integration. Once enabled, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the Tag it's synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
1. To change any of your Integration settings, go to Integrations > click the 3 Dots > Settings.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention.com.