You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Mailjet.
An integration between Retention.com and Mailjet does two things:
1. Your API Key and API Secret. From your Mailjet dashboard, click your name in the top-right corner and then Account settings. Under REST API, click API Key Management (Primary and Sub-account).
2. Click Create sub-account (API Key).
3. Copy the API Key and Secret Key.
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Mailjet icon.
2. Enter your Mailjet API Key and API Secret and then click Connect.
3. Click Yes to upload your contacts to Mailjet, and choose a list from the drop-down to sync them to. This should be a dedicated list for Grow contacts. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you're finished, click Next.
4. Enable the Mailjet integration, and click Finish. Once you enable the integration, your collection sync settings will apply and begin if your script is turned on.
5. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, and the option to set/change the list it's synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync.
3. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven't already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save when you're finished.
Mailjet doesn't offer contact suppression, so you will need to upload your suppression list into Retention.com.
1. Go to Suppression Lists, and drag and drop your CSV file into the blue box. Be sure the file only contains a single column of email addresses and is smaller than 500MB. After it finishes uploading, check that the number of Unique Records matches the number of emails in your ESP.
You will need to periodically upload an up-to-date CSV file for suppression following these steps to prevent paying for contacts you’ve collected in your ESP (ones not from Retention.com). How often you do this should be in line with how quickly you're adding new emails separately from Retention.com. We recommend a minimum of once per week, however, if you're collecting more than 100 new emails per day, you should do this daily.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.