You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Cordial.
An integration between Retention.com and Cordial does two things:
Note: Cordial does not offer automatic suppression. You will need to set up integration via API or manually upload your suppression file. (See Suppress Contacts below.)
1. Your Cordial Admin URL and API Key. To find your Cordial Admin URL, login to your Cordial account and copy the part of the URL between 'https://' and /#dashboard.
2. To find you API Key, click your username in the top-right hand corner. Then, click API Keys.
3. Click +New.
4. Give it an API key name, and add a Description and IP Address. You will have to whitelist Retention's IP addresses, which are subject to change without notice. Please contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com for an updated list to input here.
5. Under Permissions, check these boxes.
6. When you're finished, click Generate Key.
7. Then, copy the API Key.
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Cordial icon.
2. Paste your Cordial Admin URL and API Key, and click Connect.
3. Click Yes to upload your collected contacts. Then, choose the list you want to sync contacts with from the drop-down menu.
Choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, referrer URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you've put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you're finished, click Next.
4. Enable the integration. Once you enable the integration, your collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
5. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, and the option to set/change the list it's synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven't already. Choose a list from the drop-down menu under Sync contacts to List. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
To prevent collecting contacts you already have, you will need to setup automatic suppression via API or manually suppress them by uploading a CSV file.
Suppression via API
You can set up daily suppression via our API. Find more information on that here.
Suppression lists loaded as a CSV file are converted into encoded MD5s for security reasons. We do not use, share, or resell this data for any purpose other than to prevent users from collecting and paying for contacts they already have.
To upload a Suppression List, click on Suppression Lists in the left-hand navigation.
Here are the file requirements for upload:
Once the file has uploaded, you will see a green box in the top-right corner that says your file has been uploaded and is in the queue to be processed. Once that’s complete, you’ll see the stored file listed under the corresponding date:
After you upload the initial file, you will need to continue uploading a CSV file to suppress contacts. How often you need to upload a CSV suppression list (ex. daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) will depend on how many contacts you collect in your ESP.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.