You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Bronto.
An integration between Retention.com and Bronto does three things:
1. Your API Token. From your Bronto dashboard, click Settings > Platform Settings > Data Exchange in the left-hand navigation. Then, click Add Access Token.
2. Give it an API Token Name in the text box. Check the boxes in the Permissions & Settings section, and then click Token is active.
3. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts in Bronto with before finalizing the integration. You can do that by going to Contacts > Lists.
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Bronto icon.
2. Paste your API Token, and click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose either YES or NO to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one-time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Bronto into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Bronto contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
When you're finished, click Next.
4. Then, decide if you want to upload your collected contacts by choosing either Yes/No. If you choose to sync your contacts, you will then need to choose a list to sync them to. Pick a list from the drop-down menu. Decide if you want to sync all of your contacts collected so far, then each day move forward in real-time. Or, choose to sync only contacts collected from this point on in real-time.
Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you're finished, click Next.
5. Choose whether or not you want to enable the Bronto integration now. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the list it's synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven't already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you're done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there's a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.