You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Acoustic.
An integration between Retention.com and Acoustic does three things:
1. Your Client ID, Client Secret, Refresh Token, POD (used to create your login), FTP username, and FTP password. These credentials can only be obtained by the administrator of the organization/account. Within your Campaign Automation organization, go to Organization Settings.
2. Click to expand Application Account Access.
3. Select Add Application.
4. Enter a name and description, and click Add.
5. You will be shown your Client ID and Client Secret.
6. To associate a user to the application and create a Refresh Token, click Add Account Access.
7. Choose an Application and user Account from the drop-down, and click Add. After the token is created, it will be emailed to the user.
8. The FTP username and FTP password are the username and password you use to login to Acoustic.
9. You will also need to create a database in Acoustic where you want to sync your Retention.com contacts. This database must have the CSV fields attached to this email. (You can create the database from the CSV file.) Here's how that would look:
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Acoustic icon.
2. Paste your Client ID, Client Secret, Refresh Token, POD, FTP username, and FTP password. Click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in dashboard from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose YES to suppress contacts, and pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression. Then, choose which database to suppress from the drop-down.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Acoustic into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Acoustic contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
When you’re finished, click Next.
4. Click Yes to upload your collected contacts. Pick a database to sync with from the drop-down menu. Next, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you’re finished, click Next.
5. Enable the Acoustic integration. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the database it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
1. To change the database you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Then, choose a database from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts. Choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time—and pick a database to suppress from the drop-down. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.