In this video, we'll share where to find your Retention.com snippet script code and how to add it to your ClickFunnels site.
1. From your Retention Dashboard, click Code Script. Then, click View Your Script.
2. Check the box next to Collection, and then click Copy Code </>. You’ll see a green box in the top right-hand corner telling you the code was copied to your clipboard.
Remember: You can’t check multiple boxes for scripts or you will get an error message. You can only copy one at a time.
3. Once you’ve added the script to your domain, go back to Code Script and click the edit icon next to Authorized Domains.
4. Paste the domain/URL in the text box where you added the script, and click Save Changes.
It will be highlighted in green if the script is properly installed—and in orange if the script is not properly added.
1. Visit your ClickFunnels dashboard. Hold your cursor over Click Funnels and then click Funnels from the drop-down menu.
2. Choose one of your funnels from the list, and click the funnel title.
3. Click Settings.
4. Paste your script into the Head Tracking Code box.
5. Scroll down to the bottom, and click Save And Update Settings.
6. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on. You will have access to this once you collect onboarding.
The suppression script can be added to your website on any pages that you do NOT want Retention.com to collect email addresses. Generally speaking, you would put this script on landing pages where the person has already converted, and therefore, you have already collected their email address.
Examples of pages you’d want to add the suppression script to are post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages.
1. From your Retention.com Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation and then View Script. Then, check the box next to Suppression, and click Copy Code.
2. Visit your ClickFunnels dashboard. Hold your cursor over Click Funnels and then click Funnels from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose one of your funnels from the list, and click the funnel title.
4. Under the page you want to add the suppression script to (ex. post-checkout, thank you, or confirmation page), click Edit Page.
5. Click Settings > Tracking Code from the top left.
6. Paste your Retention.com suppression script into the Header Code box. Then, click Save in the top right.
7. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on. You will have access to this once you collect onboarding.
You can setup rules that are used to automatically trigger a collection event based on the number of page views and/or seconds on a page. This allows you to collect higher-level contacts.
1. To setup the rules, click Code Script in the left-hand navigation and then click the edit icon next to Collection Rules.
2. Toggle to Yes to Auto collect the contact after X page views, and type the number of Page Views in the box. For example, if you want a visitor to have 2 page views before the collection script is triggered, type ‘2’ in the box.
Toggle to Yes to Auto collect the contact after X seconds on a single page, and type the number of Seconds in the box. For example, if you want the collection script to wait 10 seconds before it fires, type ’10’ in the box.
3. When you’re finished, click Save Changes.