You can integrate your Reactivate account directly with Zaius (Optimizely).
An integration between Reactivate and Zaius allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key, Amazon S3 Key ID, and Amazon S3 Secret Access Key. To find your API Key, click the Account Settings icon at the top right from your Zaius desktop. Then, click API on the bottom left. Click Private, and copy your API Key (the blurred text below Key).
2. To find your Amazon S3 Key ID and Amazon S3 Secret Access Key, go to the Account Settings icon at the top. Then, click Integrations under Data Management.
3. Scroll down, and click on aws. This is where you will find the Key ID and Secret Access Key to copy into Retention.com.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Retention.com logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Reactivate. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Zaius icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events. Choose a list from the drop-down menu that you want to sync events to. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to first create the list in Zaius. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Zaius to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. Next, test the event to pass the Event name you created to Zaius. To do that, click the Edit icon next to Event Sync. Then, click Send Test Event.
10. Paste an email address that already exists in your Zaius account, and click Send.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your List (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Zaius to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events list, choose one from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.