You can integrate your Reactivate account directly with Piano.io.
An integration between Reactivate and Piano.io allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your Site ID and API Key. After logging into Piano ESP, your Site ID is in the URL (blurred text after siteId=).
2. To find your API Key, click Setup > Integrations. Then, click the paper icon to copy your API Key.
3. You will also need to create a list. Reactivate creates an email in the list you select in Reactivate. To create a new list to upload your existing data to, go to Email > Mailing lists > Create mailing list.
4. The event of adding the email to the list will then trigger a campaign. To create a new email campaign, click Email Campaigns from your ESP dashboard.
5. Give the email campaign a name (ex. GO Open), choose Triggered, and click Submit.
Or, choose a current campaign, and click Next.
6. Click Next on the Schedule tab.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Reactivate logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Reactivate. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Piano.io icon.
4. Paste your Site ID and API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Select your List (event identifier) that you want to sync your live open events with. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Piano.io to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. The contact will appear in the Piano.io List you chose to sync the event with.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your List (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Piano.io to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the List (event identifier), choose a different list from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.