You can integrate your Reactivate account directly with Klaviyo.
An integration between Reactivate and Klaviyo allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated re-engagement email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Find this in your Klaviyo dashboard. Click your name/photo in the top right and then Account.
2. Click Settings > API Keys.
3. Click Create API Key.
4. Copy your Private API Key.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Retention.com logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Reactivate. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Klaviyo icon.
4. Paste your API Key in the box, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events on. Give your open events an Event name in the box (GO Open is fine – don’t use the word “Open” by itself because Klaviyo already uses that one!) and click Next. The Event name will automatically be created in Klaviyo after you send or “push” a Test Event though in the next step. Click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Klaviyo to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Click Yes to set up the list renewal to automatically refresh your unengaged list once a month. Paste your Unengaged Segment ID in the box. Then, click Next.
8. Click Enable. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to be on, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove the integration, edit your Event Sync settings, and edit your Unengaged List Refresh.
How to find your test event and set up the Klaviyo Trigger
The Event name you chose earlier in Step 5 of Getting Started will be what you use to set up your flow trigger in Klaviyo and will appear in Klaviyo’s Metrics section for Flow Triggers. You will choose that Event name (ex. GOOpen) when setting up your flow trigger to send your automated re-engagement email.
1. If you haven’t already, from your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event name added, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in your Klaviyo account, and click Send.
a. Go to Flows > Create Flow (create a new one or duplicate an existing one you’d like to edit):
b. Pick Metric from the Trigger Setup Menu:
c. Choose the Event name you’ve chosen as the Trigger for your flow.
How to set up Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. You can also change the Event name.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to set up or change unengaged list refresh
1. To set up Unengaged List refresh, create a Segment in Klaviyo. Go to Lists & Segments > Create List/New Segment.
2. Choose Segment.
3. Give the Segment a name, and set these parameters. There is flexibility here in what logic you give your unengaged list, just make sure it fits your definition of unengaged. Best practices from Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, et al recommend moving a contact to your unengaged list after 30 days of inactivity, but ultimately you should use what makes the most sense for your brand.
To set the logic, use:
What someone has done (or not done) > Opened Email > Zero Times > In the last > 90 > days (the number of days will depend on your current unengaged settings).
If you want to include those who also have not clicked, add
+AND > What someone has done (or not done) > Clicked > Zero Times > In the last > 90 > days (just make sure the number of days matches your definition for Opens).
Then, click Create Segment.
4. Copy the six-character Segment ID from your URL between /list/ and your segment name (blurred text) – it will look something like: XqRT45. You will use this when you set up the integration, if you choose to use the optional unengaged list refresh.
From your Integration Settings, click the pencil next to Unengaged List Refresh.
5. Turn the refresh on by clicking Yes/No. Add or change the Segment ID by pasting it in the box. Click Save.
6. Remember, the refresh will run exactly one month from the day you turn it on.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.