You can integrate your Reactivate account directly with Iterable.
An integration between Reactivate and Iterable allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Click Integrations > API keys from the top navigation. Then, click New API Key.
2. Name the API key in the text box, and then click Create. (Make sure the Type is set to Standard.)
3. Click Copy API Key.
4. You will also need to create your dynamic list for your unengaged list refresh. To create a dynamic list in Iterable, go to Audience > Segmentation.
5. Set up a segmentation query to capture contacts who have not opened or clicked your email within a certain number of days (ex. 90 days). Here’s how the segment criteria should look:
Find users that meet any of the following criteria: Must have
Find users that meet none of the following criteria: Can’t have Email Click where Email Click Date is on or before now-90d
Or Find users that meet none of the following criteria: Can’t have Email Open where Email Open Date is on or Before now-90d
6. After you create your query, click the Refresh Results button to generate the list.
7. Then, click Save List > Save as a new dynamic list to create the list.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Reactivate logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Reactivate. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Iterable icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events on. Give the open event an Event name (ex. Go Open). The Event name will automatically be created in Iterable after you test the event (Step 8). Click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Iterable to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Set up the list renewal to automatically refresh your unengaged list once a month by clicking Yes. Choose the Unengaged Dynamic List from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event Name selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in your Iterable account, and click Send.
How to set up automation and segmentation
1. To set up the automation inside Iterable, edit your workflow node. Choose Triggered Custom Event, and then pick the event name from below. Click Update Node.
2. To set up your segmentation, use this criteria: Find users that meet Any of the following criteria. Choose the open event name (ex. Reactivate) for Where and choose Is Set.
3. Once you’ve set up the integration, this is how the open event email will appear in Iterable.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events list, give it a different name in Event name.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.