You can integrate your Reactivate account directly with Cordial.
An integration between Reactivate and Cordial allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Click your username in the top-right hand corner. Then, click API Keys.
2. Click +New.
3. Give it an API key name, and add a Description and IP Address. Click Generate Key. Then, copy the API Key.
4. You will also need to set your permissions to Select All. If there’s an issue with selecting all, here are the specific permissions that need to be included:
Account Attributes (Get Contact Attributes)
Account Attributes (Add a New Attribute)
Account Lists (Get Lists)
Contacts (Get Contacts)
Contacts (Add a New Contact to the System)
Contact Activities (Get Events)
Contact Activities (Add a New Event)
Note: The integration will require IP approval. You will have to whitelist Reactivate’s IP addresses, which are subject to change without notice.
You can complete the IP whitelist in Cordial by clicking here.
Contact us at support[at]retention[dot]com for updated IPs.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Reactivate logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Reactivate. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Cordial icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Type your Event (Activity) name that you want to sync your live open events with. Then, click Next.
NOTE: Actions taken within a message (reserved actions) will automatically generate an activity record. There are some words for Events (Activity) for this integration that you should NOT use. These include:
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Cordial to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. The contact will appear in the Cordial Event you chose to sync with.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event (Activity) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Cordial to send a test event. Click Send.
3. The contact will appear in the Cordial Event you chose to sync with.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Event (Activity), type a different Tag name in the box.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.