Please note that a paid plan is required to use Reactivate.
Here’s a quick-start guide to re-engaging your dormant email list with Reactivate.
**You will need set up your re-engagement email offer before turning on Events.**
Here’s the shortlist of steps:
- Create a re-engagement email/offer
- Upload your unengaged list into Reactivate
- Set up an integration in Reactivate to your email app
- Make sure your re-engagement email is triggered to send either as soon as the open event is received, the email address or open event is added to the list you’ve selected, or your chosen Tag is added to the email or open event.
How to navigate to Reactivate from Retention.com
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the Retention.com logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click Reactivate.
3. You will be taken to the Reactivate dashboard. This is where you can view your plan usage, overview of open events, and events per day. You can also turn the Events and Overages On/Off at the top.
STEP 1: LOAD YOUR LIST
Once you’re in Reactivate, start by uploading a CSV file of emails that you want to track. The file only needs to include email addresses.
1. From your Reactivate dashboard, click Upload Data. Then, drag and drop your CSV file of email addresses to the blue box.
2. Choose whether you want to Add or Remove the email addresses. Click Process File.
3. You will then see the total of unique records in your Reactivate account, along with how many you added/removed each day.
4. Please note that it can take 24-48 hours for the data to process before you will begin to see logged open events. Once events are visible, you’ll see them from your Dashboard:
STEP 2: SET UP AN INTEGRATION
You will need to set up an integration to pass the live open events to your ESP. From your dashboard, click Integrations > Available Integrations. Choose your ESP, and follow the integration steps.
Here are tutorials on how to integrate with each ESP:
- Benchmark Email
- Expert Sender
- Retention Science
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Zoho CRM
STEP 3: Turn on Events
From your Reactivate dashboard, click On to turn on Events.
How to set up an integration to pass live events to ESP
After you’ve integrated Reactivate with your ESP, you will need to set up the integration to pass live events to your ESP.
1. From Integrations, click the three dots next to the ESP name. Then, click Settings.
2. Next to Event Sync, click the pencil icon. Click Yes next to Synchronize collected events, and choose a list or Tag from the drop-down menu that you want to sync the events to. If you don’t have a list or Tag, you will need to first create one in your ESP.
Then, give the Event a name. When you’re finished, click Save.
3. If available in your integration, enable your unengaged list refresh by clicking the pencil icon next to Unengaged List Refresh. The refresh will occur exactly one month after you enable it.
4. Click Yes to enable the list refresh, and choose the Unengaged Segment from the drop-down menu that was created in the ESP. Then, click Save.