You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Zoho CRM.
An integration between Retention.com and Zoho CRM does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Zoho CRM, into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Zoho CRM account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
Note: You must be on a plan that includes “Name” to use this integration. Contact your representative for more information.
If you want to sync custom contact or lead fields, you will need to create them in Zoho CRM before integrating with Retention.com. Here’s how to create them:
1. From your Zoho CRM Dashboard, click the Settings icon in the top right. Then, choose Modules and Fields under Customization.
2. Click the three dots (which will appear if you hover over the area) next to either Leads or Contacts. You will have the option to sync your collected contacts from Retention.com as either Leads or Contacts, so choose the option you want to use for Retention.coms. Then, click Fields.
3. Click Create & Edit Fields.
4. To add a custom field, drag the Single Line box from the New Fields section on the left to the Contact Information section. Then, type in the custom field. The fields need to be typed exactly as shown below, with the first letters of each word capitalized:
If you’re on a plan that receives addresses, you will also need to add these:
5. When you’re finished, click Save in the top right.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Zoho CRM.
2. Click Connect.
3. Click Accept. (If you are not already logged into your Zoho CRM account, you will need to do that first.)
4. You’ll then be taken to your Integration Settings. This is where you can Enable/Disable the integration, Remove it, turn Contact Suppression on/off, turn Contact Sync on/off, and Finish Setup.
5. Decide if you want to set up Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose either YES or NO to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Zoho CRM into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Zoho CRM contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
6. Then, decide if you want to upload your collected contacts in Contact Sync by choosing either Yes/No. Decide if you want to sync them as Contacts or Leads.
If you choose to sync your contacts, you will then need to choose a Tag to sync them to. Pick a Tag from the drop-down menu. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.