You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Wix.
An integration between Retention.com and Wix does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Wix.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Wix account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different segments or ESPs).
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Wix icon.
2. Click Connect.
3. Click Add to Site. (If you aren’t already logged into Wix, you will need to do that first.)
4. Adding the Retention.com integration will allow it to manage members and contacts, read members and contacts, and read basic site and business info. Click Add to Site.
5. You will then see the integration date, and you can also Remove the integration from this page at the top. Enable the integration by toggling to Enable.
6. Click Yes next to Contact Suppression. Then, click Daily contact suppression (recommended) or One time suppression. Click Save.
Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
7. Click Yes next to Contact Sync to upload your collected contacts. Choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, referrer URL, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.