Generic webhooks allow you to send contact data to a URL of your choosing in JSON format via a POST.
To view/test receiving the data we send, we recommend you test your webhook using a site like webhook.site.
1. To set up an integration using generic Webhooks, head to Integrations and click the Webhook option. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Webhook icon.
2. Type your test URL into Webhook URL. You can also enter custom JSON data in the box below it. This will be merged with the contact data we pass through to the webhook endpoint. If you get an error with credentials here, that error is coming from your URL’s server.
3. Once you enter your URL and custom JSON data and connect, you will see a success confirmation – when this happens, we automatically send a test event with an email address:
4. Click Yes to upload collected contacts. Then, click Next.
5. Enable the integration, and click Finish.
6. You will be taken to the Integration Settings. You can view your API Details, Disable/Enable or Remove the integration, and turn Contact Sync on or off.
The data that will push to your webhook URL includes:
:clicked_at=>Thu, 26 Sep 2019 19:47:42 UTC +00:00,
Note: If you are on an email-only plan, you will not receive first name, last name, or address data.
Send a test event
Automatic Test Event: When you Connect the webhook, we will send a test event with an email address. We do not include all fields in the test; the test hook is a generic event to validate header/body type/etc.
Additional Test Events: To send additional test events, simply Disable/Enable your webhook integration, or open the integration settings and save/exit. Any edit action in your webhook will trigger an additional test event.