You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Sendy.
An integration between Retention.com and Sendy does two things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Sendy into a list of your choosing.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your Sendy installation (URL), List ID, and API Key. Your Sendy installation is the URL that appears on your Sendy dashboard.
2. To find your List ID, click Brands in the top right and choose the brand you want to use.
3. Click View all lists. Then, select and copy the List ID you want to integrate with. If you don’t already have a subscriber list, you will need to create one by clicking Add a new list.
4. To find your API Key, click your username in the top right and then click Settings. Copy your API Key.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Sendy icon.
2. Paste your Sendy installation (URL), List ID, and API Key, and click Connect.
3. Decide if you want to upload your collected contacts by choosing either Yes/No. The List ID you used originally will appear in the box, “Sync contacts to List.”
Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options. The List ID will appear in the text box.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you’re finished, click Next.
4. Choose whether or not you want to enable the Sendy integration now. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
5. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, and the option to set/change the list it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Paste the List ID in the text box, “Sync contacts to List.” You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.