You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Iterable.
An integration between Retention.com and Iterable does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Iterable into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Iterable account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Click Integrations > API keys from the top navigation. Then, click New API Key.
2. Name the API key in the text box, and then click Create. (Make sure the Type is set to Standard.)
3. Click Copy API Key.
4. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts in Iterable with before finalizing the integration. You can do that by clicking Audience > Lists. Then, Import List.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Iterable icon.
2. Paste your API Key and click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, Retention.com will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your Retention.com suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose either YES or NO to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Iterable into your Retention.com suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Iterable contacts into your Retention.com suppression list.
You’ll then need to add your All contacts Segment ID and Recent contacts Segment ID.
To create your All contacts Segment ID, go to Audience > Segmentation.
Set the conditions shown below. Then, click Save List > Save as a new dynamic list.
Name the list AllContactsSegment, and click Create.
Then, go to Audience > Lists and click on the AllContactsSegment list. Your All contacts Segment ID is the number following “ListID=” (blurred text below).
To create your Recent contacts Segment ID, go to Audience > Segmentation.
Then, set these conditions as shown below. For the date range, you will need to click the calendar and then type in now-1d. When you’re finished, click Save List > Save as a new dynamic list.
Name the list RecentContactsSegment, and click Create.
Then, go to Audience > Lists and click on the RecentContactsSegment list. Your Recent contacts Segment ID is the number following “ListID=” (blurred text below).
When you’re finished with your suppression, click Next.
4. Then, decide if you want to upload your collected contacts by choosing either Yes/No. If you choose to sync your contacts, you will then need to choose a list to sync them to. Pick a list from the drop-down menu. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display four options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
When you’re finished, click Next.
5. Choose whether or not you want to enable the Iterable integration now. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the list it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. We recommend you use daily sync. You can also adjust your Segment IDs, if needed. When you’re done, click Save.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.