You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Facebook.
An integration between Retention.com and Facebook does two things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account to Facebook into a Custom Audience we create when the integration is set up.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different Custom Audiences or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your Ad Account ID from your Facebook Business Account. To find your Ad Account ID, go to Ad Account Settings. Your Ad Account ID number is shown above the search/filter bar and in the account dropdown menu.
Remember: The Facebook Business Account must be able to create and access Custom Audiences for the Ad Account ID to work with the integration.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Facebook icon.
2. Enter your Ad Account ID and then click Connect.
3. Click Continue, or sign in to the Facebook account linked to your Business Account.
4. Choose Yes, and click Done.
5. Click OK.
6. Enable the integration. You will see the integration date, API details, and contact sync. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
7. Click Yes to sync your collected contacts. These contacts will be sent to a Custom Audience we create when the integration is set up. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display five options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, state, and referrer URL.
This feature allows you to filter your Retention.com contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both Retention.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either Retention.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
Referrer URL: This is the URL the contact comes to your site from.
When you’re finished, click Save.
Upload a Suppression List
To avoid paying Retention.com for contacts you already have, you will need to manually load a CSV file of email addresses so that we don’t collect them, as well.
Suppression lists loaded as a CSV file are converted into encoded MD5s for security reasons. We do not use, share, or resell this data for any purpose other than to prevent users from collecting and paying for contacts they already have.
To upload a Suppression List, click on Suppression Lists in the left-hand navigation.
Here are the file requirements for upload:
- Your file should only contain ONE column, labeled “email”.
- You’ll also need to save it as an Excel .CSV file.
- Maximum file size is 100MB. If your file is larger than this, split it up into several smaller files.
Once the file has uploaded, you will see a green box in the top right corner that says your file has been uploaded and is in the queue to be processed. Once that’s complete, you’ll see the stored file listed under the corresponding date:
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention.com.