You can integrate your Retention.com account directly with Facebook.
An integration between Retention.com and Facebook:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your Retention.com account twice a day to Facebook into a Custom Audience we create when the integration is set up.
What you’ll need
1. Your Ad Account ID from your Facebook Business Account. To find your Ad Account ID, go to Ad Account Settings. Your Ad Account ID number is shown above the search/filter bar and in the account dropdown menu.
You can also copy the Ad Account ID from the URL.
Remember: The Facebook Business Account must be able to create and access Custom Audiences for the Ad Account ID to work with the integration. You can view this by going to Audiences > Create a Custom Audience. The Facebook account being used for the integration must also belong to someone located in the United States.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in Retention.com. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Facebook icon.
2. Enter your Ad Account ID and then click Connect.
3. Click Continue as, or sign in to the Facebook account linked to your Business Account.
4. Choose Yes, and click Done.
5. Click OK.
6. Enable the integration in Retention.com. You will see the integration date, API details, and contact sync. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
7. Click Yes to sync your collected contacts. These contacts will be sent twice a day (7 a.m. and 7 p.m. EST) to a Custom Audience we create when the integration is set up.
8. When you’re finished, click Save.
Upload a Suppression List
To avoid paying Retention.com for contacts you already have, you will need to manually load a CSV file of email addresses so that we don’t collect them, as well.
Suppression lists loaded as a CSV file are converted into encoded MD5s for security reasons. We do not use, share, or resell this data for any purpose other than to prevent users from collecting and paying for contacts they already have.
To upload a Suppression List, click on Suppression Lists in the left-hand navigation.
Here are the file requirements for upload:
- Your file should only contain ONE column, labeled “email”.
- You’ll also need to save it as an Excel .CSV file.
- Maximum file size is 100MB. If your file is larger than this, split it up into several smaller files.
Once the file has uploaded, you will see a green box in the top right corner that says your file has been uploaded and is in the queue to be processed. Once that’s complete, you’ll see the stored file listed under the corresponding date:
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention.com.