You can integrate your GetEmails account directly with Autopilot.
An integration between GetEmails and Autopilot does three things:
- Automatically sends contacts acquired in your GetEmails account to Autopilot into a list of your choosing.
- Automatically suppresses existing contacts in your Autopilot account.
- Ability to set up custom filters to sync filters (ie, send leads from different domains to different lists or ESPs).
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. Find this in your Autopilot dashboard. Click Settings > Autopilot API and then copy the API Key (the blurred out text below).
2. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your contacts to in Autopilot before finalizing the integration. To add a list, click the Contacts icon and then hit the plus sign next to Lists.
To get started
1. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetEmails. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Autopilot icon:
2. Enter your Autopilot API Key and then click Connect.
3. Set up your Contact Suppression. Once you enable automatic suppression, GetEmails will sync your regular, opt-in list from your ESP and add it to your GetEmails suppression list. This prevents you from paying for contacts you already have. Once you’ve enabled this option, the sync will run daily at 6 p.m. EST.
Choose either YES or NO to suppress contacts. If you choose to automatically suppress your contacts (YES), pick either daily contact suppression (recommended) or one time suppression.
Daily contact suppression: This action will load all of your contacts from Autopilot into your GetEmails suppression list and will automatically import new contacts every day into your suppression list.
One time suppression: This action will only run once and load your current Autopilot contacts into your GetEmails suppression list.
You will then need to create your Recent contacts Segment ID:
1. From your Autopilot dashboard, click the Contacts icon, and then click the plus sign next to Segments to add a segment. This will allow you to create a segment for all of your recent contacts, including ones not currently on a list.
2. Name your segment Recent Contacts. For your segment fields, use Contact field value, Created Date, is after or on, (relative date) 2, and days ago. Then, click Create.
3. Copy the text after /list/ in the URL. It’s your Recent contacts Segment ID.
4. Paste that text into the Recent contacts Segment ID text box, and click Next.
4. Then, decide if you want to upload your collected contacts by choosing either Yes/No. If you choose to sync your contacts, you will then need to choose a list to sync them to. Pick a list from the drop-down menu. Then, choose whether you want to enable custom sync options.
If you check the box to enable custom sync options, that will display four options: filter by email domain, full or portion of a landing page URL, landing page domain, and state.
This feature allows you to filter your GetEmails contacts before you send them to your ESP. For example, you can send all contacts who hit different landing pages to separate lists. Or, send all of your California leads to one ESP and Texas leads to another.
Email domain: This field auto-fills/populates with email domains (ex. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, etc.) from your collected contacts.
Full or portion of a landing page URL: If you’ve put the script on several pages or the entire site, this field allows you to pull out contacts who have only hit Landing Page A or Landing Page B. This option does not auto-populate, so you will have to add in the exact URL.
Landing page domain: If you added script to both GetEmails.com and Robly.com, for example, the landing page domain would be either GetEmails.com or Robly.com. This field will auto-populate.
State: This filter allows you to pull out only contacts from one or more states.
When you’re finished, click Next.
5. Choose whether or not you want to enable the Autopilot integration now. Once you enable the integration, your suppression and collection sync settings will apply and begin. Then, click Finish.
6. Once the integration is complete, you will see the integration date, API details, contact suppression, and the option to set/change the list it’s synced to. You can also Remove the integration from this page at the top.
Change the sync’d list
1. To change the list you’ve synchronized with, click Integrations > Dots > Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Contact Sync. Click Yes next to Upload collected contacts if you haven’t already. Then, choose a new list from the dropdown menu. You can also adjust your custom sync options here. Click Save.
1. To change your contact suppression preferences, click Integrations in the left-hand navigation. Then, click the three dots next to the integrated program and select Settings.
2. Click the pencil/edit icon next to Contact Suppression.
3. Click Yes to automatically suppress your contacts. Then, choose whether you want to suppress daily or just this (single) time. When you’re done, click Save. We recommend you use daily sync.
Remove the integration
1. To remove the integration, click Integrations > Dots > Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.