Reactivate allows you to safely re-engage dormant emails, improve sending reputation, and deliverability—and get higher open, click, and conversion rates. Here’s how to get started.
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click Reactivate in the left-hand navigation. If you are out of credits—or want to get started—click to Contact Sales.
2. If you already have credits, you will be able to import a CSV file by dragging and dropping the file into the blue box. The CSV file must be of plain-text or MD5 email addresses. The file should contain only one column labeled “email” or “MD5” depending on which you’re using. The maximum file size is 500MB, so you will need to break the CSV into multiple files if it exceeds that limit.
3. Drag and drop the CSV file. Your file will begin processing, and a downloadable CSV will be available in the system and emailed to you shortly. Click Back to Reactivate to go to the previous screen.
4. After the file processes, it will appear at the bottom of the screen with the date it was uploaded, number of records in the file, number of those that were matched, file name, and the status.
5. A “Complete” status means the file successfully uploaded. An “Invalid File” status means there’s an issue in the file. Check to make sure the file is one column with emails or MD5s only.
6. You can also click the arrows to toggle between date ranges.
7. The results you’ll receive will include the email addresses or MD5s (whichever was originally uploaded) with the last_active, last_open, and last_click data that’s available. If any of the records are a spam trap, a Yes will appear in that column.
Note: Suppress all known spam traps from your ESP before uploading the records.
8. If no data is found for the records, no credits will be used.
Have questions? Email us at support[at]retention.com, or message us by logging into your account and clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner.