You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with SalsaEngage.
An integration between GetOpeners and SalsaEngage allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. To find your API Key, click the Tools icon in the top right. Then, click API. Type your SalsaEngage password in the box, and click Continue to API details.
2. Copy the access token (blurred text below in the box). That is what you will paste in the API Key box in GetOpeners.
3. You will also need to create a segment (Supporters Group) to sync the events with. Go to Supporters > Groups > Add a Group.
4. Give the group a Reference Name. Choose Static or Mailing List Group. Then, give it a Parameter Name. Click Save.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the SalsaEngage icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Select your Segment (event identifier) that you want to sync your live open events with. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in SalsaEngage to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Set up the unengaged segment renewal to automatically refresh your unengaged segment once a month by clicking Yes. Choose the Unengaged Segment from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
8. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
9. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, edit your Event Sync settings, and edit your Unengaged List Refresh.
10. The contact will appear in the SalsaEngage segment (Supporters Group) you chose to sync the event with.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Segment (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in SalsaEngage to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Segment (event identifier), choose a different segment from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.