You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with HubSpot.
An integration between GetOpeners and HubSpot allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your Access Token. Go to Settings > Integrations > Private Apps.
2. Click Create a private app.
3. Give the app a Name and Description.
4. Click Scopes and select these:
5. Click Create app.
6. Click Continue creating.
7. Click Show token. When it appears, click Copy.
8. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your events to in HubSpot prior to integrating. This can be done under Contacts > Lists.
9. Click Create list if the list you’d like to use does not already exist. It needs to be a static list.
To get started
1. From your Retention.com dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the HubSpot icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events on. Choose a list from the drop-down menu that you want to sync events to. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to first create the list in HubSpot. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Hubspot to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. Once you’ve set up the integration, this is how the open events email will be saved in your HubSpot list. The email from the open event will appear inside the list you chose for Event Sync (ex. Go Open).
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your List (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Hubspot to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events list, choose one from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]retention[dot]com.