You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with Eloqua.
An integration between GetOpeners and Eloqua allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your Company name, Username, and Password. These are what you use to login into Eloqua.
2. You will also need to create an Event in Eloqua that will be added to the contact following the open event. To create an event, click My Eloqua > Orchestration.
3. Click Tools.
4. Then, click Events.
5. Click Events > New Event Registration to create a new event. Then, give the event a name, description, and choose which folder you want it to be placed in. After you click Save, you will see the event in the folder you chose under All Event Registrations.
6. Once the Event is created in Eloqua, you can add the trigger and automation.
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Eloqua icon.
4. Paste your Company name, Username, and Password.
5. Click Yes to sync live open events. Select your Event (event identifier) that you want to sync your live open events with (steps to create the event in section above). Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Eloqua to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. The contact will appear in the Eloqua Event you chose to sync the with.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Event (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Eloqua to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Event (event identifier), choose a different event from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.