You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with Benchmark Email.
An integration between GetOpeners and Benchmark allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API Key. From your Benchmark Email Dashboard, click your username in the top right corner. From the drop-down menu, click Integrations. Then, click API Key.
2. Copy the API key (the blurred text in the example below).
3. We also recommend you create the list name you’d like to sync your live events with in Benchmark Email with before finalizing the integration. You can do this under Contacts > Contacts > Create New List. (This is where the open event emails will appear.)
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetOpeners logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the Benchmark icon.
4. Paste your API Key, and click Connect.
5. Click either Yes or No to turn the Sync Live Open Events on or off. Choose a list from the drop-down menu that you want to sync events to. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to first create the list in Benchmark. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Benchmark to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to work, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. Next, test the event to pass the Event name you created to Benchmark. To do that, click the Edit icon next to Event Sync. Then, click Send Test Event.
10. Paste an email address that already exists in your Benchmark account, and click Send.
11. Once you’ve set up the integration, this is how the open events email will be saved in your Benchmark list. The email from the open event will appear inside the list you chose for Event Sync (ex. GO Open).
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your List (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Benchmark to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events list, choose one from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.