You can integrate your GetOpeners account directly with ActiveCampaign.
An integration between GetOpeners and ActiveCampaign allows you to sync live open events so you can send your audience an automated email when they are in their inbox.
What you’ll need
1. Your API URL and API Key. Find these in your ActiveCampaign dashboard by clicking Settings > Developer. Copy the API URL and API Key (blurred text below).
To get started
1. From your GetEmails dashboard, click the GetEmails logo in the top-left corner.
2. The drop-down menu will appear. Click GetOpeners. You will be taken to the GetOpeners dashboard.
3. Click on Integrations from the left navigation panel in GetOpeners. Then, click Available Integrations at the top and choose the ActiveCampaign icon.
4. Paste your API URL and API Key in the box, and click Connect.
5. Click Yes to turn the Sync Live Open Events on. Choose a Tag from the drop-down menu that you want to sync events to. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to first create the Tag in ActiveCampaign. Then, click Next.
6. Enter an email address that already exists in Active Campaign to send a test event. Click Send. If you don’t currently have contacts, click Next.
7. Enable the integration. Then, click Finish.
Remember: For the integration to be on, it needs to be Enabled AND have Event Sync turned on (choose “Yes”).
8. You will be taken to Integration Settings. This is where you can Disable/Enable the integration, Remove it, and edit your Event Sync settings.
9. Here’s where the Tag (ex. GO Open) you give the open events will appear for your contacts within ActiveCampaign.
How to send a test event
1. From your Integration Settings, click the edit icon next to Event Sync. Once you have your Tag (event identifier) selected, click Send Test Event.
2. Paste an email address that already exists in Active Campaign to send a test event. Click Send.
How to change Event Sync
If you want to edit or enable/disable your Event Sync, you can do that in your Integration Settings.
1. Go to Integrations. Then, click the three dots next to the integration name, and click Settings.
2. Click the pencil icon next to Event Sync.
3. You can choose if you want to Synchronize collected events by toggling between Yes/No. To change the Sync events Tag, choose one from the drop-down menu.
4. When you’re finished making your changes, click Save.
How to remove the integration
To remove an integration, go to Integrations. Then, click the dots next to the integration name, and click Remove.
You can view your daily sync history under Sync Summary on your integration page. It will show you the date, number of completions, if there are any failures, and the number that are in the queue.
To access all of your sync history, click View Full History under Sync Summary. If there’s a failure, it will show the email address, what type of failure has occurred under ESP Feedback, and the date and time of the failure.
If you have questions about the error message, you can contact support at support[at]getemails.com.