In this video, we’ll show you where to find your Retention.com snippet script code and how to add it to your Squarespace site.
Where to find your Retention.com snippet script
1. From your Retention Dashboard, click Code Script. Then, click View Your Script.
2. Check the box next to Collection, and then click Copy Code </>.
How to add collection snippet script
1. Log in to your Squarespace account.
2. Click Settings on the left-hand side.
3. Scroll down, and click Advanced.
4. Click Code Injection.
5. Paste the HTML code copied from Retention.com into the Header, Footer or Lock Page box. Click Save.
4. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.
To inject code into a specific page
1. Log into your Squarespace account.
2. Click Pages.
3. Hover your cursor over the page where you want to add the code. Click the Settings icon.
4. A box will appear. Click Advanced and then Page Header Code Injection.
5. Paste the HTML code copied from Retention.com into the Page Header Code Injection box. Click Save.
Note: Code injection is a premium feature only available on Squarespace’s Business or Commerce plans.
6. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.
How to add suppression script
The suppression script can be added to your website on any pages that you do NOT want Retention.com to collect email addresses. Generally speaking, you would put this script on landing pages where the person has already converted, and therefore, you have already collected their email address.
Examples of pages you’d want to add the suppression script to are post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages.
1. From your Retention.com Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation and then </> View Script. Then, check the box next to Suppression, and click Copy Code.
2. Follow the steps above to inject the code into a specific page (ex. post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages). You would choose one of those pages in Step 3 shown above and continue to Step 5.
3. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.