In this video, we’ll show you where to find your Retention.com snippet script and how to add it to your BigCommerce store.
Where to find your Retention.com collection snippet script
1. From your Retention Dashboard, click Code Script. Then, click View Your Script.
2. Check the box next to Collection, and then click Copy Code </>. You’ll see a green box in the top right-hand corner telling you the code was copied to your clipboard.
Remember: You can’t check multiple boxes for scripts or you will get an error message. You can only copy one at a time.
3. Once you’ve added the script to your domain, go back to Code Script and click the edit icon next to Authorized Domains.
4. Paste the domain/URL in the text box where you added the script, and click Save Changes.
It will be highlighted in green if the script is properly installed—and in orange if the script is not properly added.
How to add collection snippet script
1. Log in to your BigCommerce account. From the left navigation, click Storefront.
2. Click Script Manager from the left navigation and then click Create a Script.
3. Name your script, give it a Description (optional), choose if you want it to be in the Footer or Head, select which pages you want to add it to (Store pages, Checkout, Order confirmation, or All pages), choose Script under Script type, and paste your Retention.com script in the Script contents box. Click Save.
How to add suppression snippet script
The suppression script can be added to your website on any pages that you do NOT want Retention.com to collect email addresses. Generally speaking, you would put this script on landing pages where the person has already converted, and therefore, you have already collected their email address.
Examples of pages you’d want to add the suppression script to are post-checkout, thank you, and confirmation pages.
1. From your Retention.com Dashboard, click Code Snippet in the left navigation and then View Script. Then, check the box next to Suppression, and click Copy Code.
2. Log in to your BigCommerce account. From the left navigation, click Storefront. Then, Click Script Manager, and click Create a Script.
3. Name your script, give it a Description (optional), choose if you want it to be in the Footer or Head, choose to place it on the Order confirmation page, check the Script box, and then paste your Retention.com suppression script into the Script contents box. Click Save.
4. From your Retention.com dashboard, click On next to Script Status to turn your script on.